EXCUSES: THE LAME MAN'S WORD


 


By: Kehinde Esther Boluwatife 


"I don't know what to do."

"I don't think it's that easy."


These are excuses. Words we use to cover up inaction and justify why our dreams haven't come true.


Excuses are everywhere. We all use them. They are ready-made phrases we pull out when we need to explain why we did or, more often, didn't do something. They act like a safety net protecting our ego from failure or a shield hiding our true feelings.


But let's be honest. Excuses are the tools of the lazy. They are the easy way out and the biggest obstacle between us and our goals.


Think about it. How often do you hear these?


"I would have, but..."

"I can't because..."

"I don't have time."

"I'm not good enough."

"It's too hard."

"I'll do it later."


All of these are variations of the same thing. Excuses. They keep us stuck in our comfort zones. They stop us from taking responsibility. They rob us of the chance to grow, learn, and achieve.


The real danger is how easily excuses become a habit. The more we make them, the more natural they feel. We start believing our own stories and avoid action without even realizing it. In protecting ourselves from failure, we also protect ourselves from success.


Breaking free requires effort. It means being honest with ourselves, owning our mistakes, and taking action even when it is difficult. It means replacing "I can't" with "I will" and focusing on what is possible. Growth comes from stepping out of comfort zones and embracing challenges.


Stop making excuses. Start taking action. Your goals won't wait, and neither should you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UI Soil Resources Management Department Records Achievement

AGRONOMY: A department of Winners

AGRONOMY QUADRANGLE