FEATURES
MIND LIMITATIONS.
Not in my wildest dream. Who could have thought that there is a better version of me Akintunde Oluwafemi Daniel? Born into an average family, the childhood I had has always kept me on the disadvantaged side of the road.
I feared being overly hopeful and so I never expected much. I was always very neutral and satisfied with my average scores and lifestyle. But if only I had known that thriving for the better is not covetousness and a trial isn't a crime, I wouldn't have to put up with all the struggles nor try to conceal the fierce battle within me.
People always say "I find it hard to relate with you". Well, I also found it hard to help myself. My negative thoughts pattern, the shell I had to build around me, pushed people away as though they never existed as I have never believed genuine people existed. The only people who made sense to me were my family members.
And when life starts to have some glow in it, I’ll forever be grateful that I met David David. Yes, that’s his name. Back then in my university days, he never gave up on me. We became friends after his relentless push. He was the very first person I became friends with in the university and I wished we had met earlier. I always thought life was better in isolation but I never knew it is sweeter with the right minds. David was a person full of compassion, patience and had great listening ability.
He was a person full of good morals and was never short of words of encouragement. I could easily communicate my plights with him. He helped me unravel the greatness in me. We would usually form small reading groups together with his other friends.
Though he was from a very wealthy family, he had an amazing upbringing. He was very brilliant and determined. He was never pompous, he never made me feel less of myself. He had a free spirit. I always envied how easily he networked with other students on campus.
Many people would never believe a male could have such low self-esteem as I do. I’m glad I realized it myself.
Friendship is gold, keep one when you find it. David graduated with a first class while I did with a second class upper, which is way better than the third class I was wallowing in before I met him. I’m glad I didn’t die in isolation, and I got to move with the right minds.
Being the great entrepreneur that I am today, I can say that I had greatness in me that I never knew existed and that I was never really as average as I presumed. I just needed to unravel the greatness in me.

Comments
Post a Comment